Bill,

Two thoughts... One is that I agree with Paul's perspective on thinking
about the issue. The other is that the best measure isn't a "test" as we
would normally think of it and "proof" is a bit tough. However, it is
pretty easy to spot problems and, over time, you can train yourself to see
them. (See <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWHuqmNiWQ>)

How well does this "test" work? Pretty well. For example, during the
demonstration RAT in the TBL 101 session of the conference (which was the
very first activity), I looked out over the 80 participants and commented
to Ruth that there was only one person in the room that I was concerned
about. Sure enough, at the break, that very individual approached Ruth and
said, "our group isn't working very well--a couple of members are
dominating and the rest of us aren't getting heard."

Larry

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Professor of Management