I'll offer up the following perspective to the conversation with respect
to integrating interactive whiteboards into TBL classes:

Before adopting any specific educational technology,
I'd recommend you articulate the educational problem/situation you're
facing. Ultimately, you want to ensure you're selecting the most
appropriate technology to address the situation/performance gap you're
facing. There's no point starting with the technology that's looking for a
solution.

Based on my experience, interactive whiteboard manufacturers, such as SMART
Technologies, have done a good job convincing educational institutions that
they need interactive whiteboards in the 'classroom-of-the-future', boards
whose design and placement in the classroom tend to align with a
presentation-of-information paradigm and favour instructor-board
interactivity vs. student-board interactivity.

--
Cheers,

Tim Loblaw
Bow Valley College
Calgary, AB, Canada

We make the road by walking. -- Myles Horton & Paulo Freire