I am planning to implement TBL in my large lecture class (200 students ) of freshman biology for biology majors. I am struggling to find high quality application exercises on the topics we cover. Does anyone have suggestions or resources to share for application exercises for majors freshman biology? The topics we cover include the following: basic chemistry, macromolecules, a tour of the cell, membrane structure and function, introduction to metabolism, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, the cell cycle (mitosis), meiosis, Mendelian genetics, and from gene to protein. I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Sandra

Sandra L. Westmoreland, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Biology