We've been happy with this procedure, like Bill's:

When 1/2 the teams are complete (indicated by flag raising), then there are X minutes
remaining for the rest of the class.  The X we have either set arbitrarily depending on the
complexity of the topic area OR team vote at the beginning on a set of options:  2 min, 5 min,
10 min. - this only takes a couple of minutes to do.

While I have listserve attention, let me share a facilitation tip that we have grown to ask "why
haven't we done this all along?"  It is the 'random' selection of students to stand up and speak.
We use either pink pong balls in a box OR one of the cool new APPs for iPAD or iPHONE
like 'Pick Me.'  You can population the APP with team groupings and spin to land on someone
new.  Using this process of selection guarantees that everyone stays on their toes, otherwise when
you ask for "someone answer this," most students relax since they know an smart extravert will
jump for the chance.

Try it. You'll love it.

Dean