Greetings,

I am making plans to implement team-based learning in my social welfare
policy and practice course this semester. I have previously taught this
course in a face-to-face setting but this semester I will be delivering it
online. I am feeling challenged by adapting TBL to an asynchronous, online
environment.

I have reviewed the chapter by Freeman in the text by Michaelsen, Bauman
Knight & Fink. In addition, I read through some of the challenges others
have faced adapting TBL to online education in the following article:

Palsole, S, & Awalt, C. (2008). Team-based learning in asynchronous online
settings. *New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 116*, 87-95. doi:
 10.1002/tl.336.

I found these resources helpful but would certainly appreciate anyone who
might be willing to share lessons learned from using TBL in an online
course.

Best,

--
Amy Murphy-Nugen, M.S.W.
Visiting Lecturer, Ph.D. Student

*“I have tried to be objective, but I do not claim to be detached.”* --C.
Wright Mills