Simply reporting the outcome (which is EXTREMELY RARE) isn't enough to tell what's really going on. My best guess is that the overriding problem is that, in the minds of students, the test doesn't "count". However, even if that's true, there are several potential contributing factors including:
> Poorly designed questions.
> Questions that are far too easy.
> Failing to use good RAT administration practice (e.g. using individual on-line tests inappropriately, not using IF-AT answer forms, not giving enough time for team discussions, etc.).

Larry