"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)
"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others. Empathy ... exemplifies the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)
"Whoever frames the debate tends to win the debate" (George Lakoff)

Inactive hide details for Penne Restad ---12/14/2011 12:03:06 PM---Hi All, In response to the comment about doing the RAT procePenne Restad ---12/14/2011 12:03:06 PM---Hi All, In response to the comment about doing the RAT process with a large class: I do TBL / RATs w

From: Penne Restad <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 12/14/2011 12:03 PM
Subject: RAT process
Sent by: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]>

Hi All,

In response to the comment about doing the RAT process with a large class: I do TBL / RATs with a class of 80 undergraduates. Students take the quiz on hard copy, then record their answers using iclickers. This allows them to use hard copy for reference in the team RAT. Teams use if/at cards to take the second quiz. The chance argue about and agree on an answer, finding out immediately (scratching the if/at) that the answer's is incorrect, consistently spurs interesting learning exchanges.

Penne

P. Restad

Distinguished Senior Lecturer
Department of History