Our department investigated a number of online systems and decided that on balance Blackboard grading worked best. However,  I found it difficult--or maybe it was just time-consuming-- to set up the number of parts tbl required.   This term I used Gradekeeper (gradekeeper.com)--and will use it again.  You can create a seating chart, record attendance, assign grade weights (and easily change the weights... no formulas to write), write individual and global student comments,  use your ipad, email reports, curve grades, create multiple class reports--maybe make each team its own "class," import information from excel sheets, e.g. those created by iclicker,  view overall course averages, etc.  Various sites seem to offer a free download trial.  A permanent site license for an individual is $20.

Penne

P. Restad
Distinguished Senior Lecturer
Department of History