Jim:

I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, but I wanted to express my interest in the topic.  I tried it in my small introductory biology course (4 teams) using assignments attached to movies and came away unhappy.  I am positive it was due to my assignment design however and not any fault of the technique. I would love to see more examples of people working with movies as team exams.
Will you be posting a summary or a few pictures from your workshop on the TBL site?

Dan