Dear TBLers

I am new to TBL and have been asked to introduce TBL to my colleagues during an upcoming brown bag event.

One of the questions I anticipate having to answer is, "Can TBL be used effectively in very large classes?"

At an undergraduate level we have very large class groups ranging from 300 to 1 300 students. Each class groups is divided into two sections based on language (we teach all undergraduate courses in both English and Afrikaans). So the sections range in size from 150 - 750 students. One lecturer is responsible for teaching both sections in a class group and we have no teaching assistants.

Can TBL be used effectively in groups/sections of this size?

Any tips or resources on using TBL effectively in very large classes will be most welcome.

I would also like to make contact with fellow TBLers in South Africa.

Kind regards,

Theuns Kotzé
Dept. of Marketing and Communication Management
University of Pretoria
South Africa