Friends,

This has been a pretty big week for TBL.

First, we welcomed many folks into new roles in the Collaborative, as Board members, committee chairs, members-at-large, and other positions.  Ruth sent out a nice message about that a few days ago.

Second, Ruth herself today transitions from President of the TBLC to Executive Editor of the case bank.  Ruth has been a tireless force of nature in the growth of the Collaborative from it being a loosely-organized club of teachers who love this pedagogy into a legitimate professional organization with good prospects for surviving and thriving in the long term.  Not many folks know this, but Ruth has served on EVERY SINGLE COMMITTEE in the Collaborative while being President.  That’s—dang, I don’t know how many conference calls per WEEK for two years to get these teams rolling forward in harmony.   (You can see a list of the committees in the TBLC bylaws, which came into being on Ruth’s watch.)

Thank you, Ruth, for pushing so hard to build something for all of us.

Third, I transition from President-Elect to President.  It will be tough to fill Ruth’s shoes, but we are heading in healthy directions with goals that truly matter, and that’s inspiring.

Fourth, this Tuesday I submitted the final manuscript of the book on TBL in the Social Sciences and Humanities to the publisher.  There is still work to do of course, images to re-do and galleys to edit and whatnot.  But it’s on its way.

Fifth—and I know this is what you’ve all been waiting for—today we announce the winner of the Case Bank entry challenge.

The winner will receive an at-cost visit from Larry Michaelsen to his institution.  And the winner is. . .

. . . . drum roll . . . .

. . . . drum roll . . . .

. . . . drum roll . . . .

(It’s killing you, isn’t it?)

. . . . drum roll . . . .

. . . . drum roll . . . .

. . . . drum roll . . . .

THE WINNER IS W. EDWARD (“EDDY”) CHI, who submitted no less than 12 cases on the Principles of Economics!!!  Eddy, go ahead and contact Larry at [log in to unmask] to arrange your visit!

Congratulations to Eddy, and thanks to everyone in this grand community for all your teaching passion.  We really rock.

Have a great weekend!

-M

Michael Sweet, Ph.D.

Director of Instructional Development, Center for Teaching and Learning

MAI 2206  |  Mail Stop G2100  |  (512) 232-1775  |  http://ctl.utexas.edu