On Friday, the new members of the TBLC Board will assume their leadership positions. I will be finishing up my two year term as president, and passing the mantle to the very able hands of Michael Sweet.

Congratulations to the newest members of the Board-Members at Large Kevin Krane and Sophie Sparrow
Treasurer-Ed McKee and President Elect-Wayne McCormack (who isn't really new, since he was Treasurer last year, and is Program Chair this year-thanks Wayne!!)

We also have a new Associate Program Chair-Karla Kubitz (who has also agreed to be program chair for 2013!!)

With the new year, there are several changes occurring in terms of Committees. We have split the Faculty Development Committee into two committees because of all of the work that was done by that group.  We will now have TWO committees-A "Credentialing Committee" chaired by Paul Koles and a "Faculty Development" committee chaired by Rick Sabina

The work of the Credentialing Committee will be to keep organizing and managing the "Train the Trainer" program and other activities that will be credentialed by the TBLC-if you have an interest in serving on that committee please contact Paul. His email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The work of the Faculty Development committee will be to focus on other aspects of education that will be associated with the collaborative such as webinars, website content, etc. If you have an interest in serving on that committee please contact Rick Sabina. His email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We have a need for faculty to join our other committees as well. The Membership Committee is responsible for evaluating the needs of the membership and recommending appropriate ways to meet those needs. The committee will develop methods and programs for active membership recruitment and retention.  If you have an interest in joining that committee please contact Michele Clark. Her email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The scholarship committee is responsible for fostering, enhancing and encouraging the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning within the Collaborative.  The committee hopes to aide members in developing individual and collaborative research endeavors to measure outcomes associated with TBL.   If you would like to join that committee please contact Kelly Ottman. Her email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Last, but not least, I have agreed to take on the role of Executive Editor of Publications. What that fancy title means is that with a little bit of help from my friends I'm going to start organizing the task of peer review for the modules currently in the TBLC case bank. When the cases become peer reviewed we will then be able to "publish" them as a "TBLC Peer Reviewed Case!!"

For that task I need peer reviewers!! If you are willing and able to be a peer reviewer please email to me your interest. I plan on starting this process in the very near future. My email (as below) is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to the retiring chair of Faculty development (Sandy Cook) who did such a great job with that committee. And thank you also to Paul Haidet who is leaving the TBLC Board after having been on it since I believe it started. Thank you to the members of the Standards Committee-which created a terrific document soon to be used for our peer review system.

And thank you to everyone else who made my last two years so much fun!

Best regards,
Ruth

Ruth E. Levine MD
Clarence Ross Miller Professor of Psychiatry
The University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd, Route 0193
Galveston, TX 77555-0193
409-747-9675 (p) 409-747-9677 (f)