From: Michael Sweet <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:21:23 -0500
To: "[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TBL goes to Harvard

Friends,

This week I will be meeting with Eric Mazur’s group at Harvard to talk about TBL and its relationship to Peer-Instruction, which is what he uses and is famous for.

For those of you unfamiliar with Mazur’s work, he has been a ground-breaking leader in Physics education at Harvard for 15+ years.  Getting TBL on his radar is a huge thing for me, personally.

QUESTION:  For those of you familiar with Mazur’s work and peer instruction, what do you see as crucial overlaps and contrasts between TBL and PI?

I’d like to do my best to represent the TBL community in this discussion. . . .

-M

Michael Sweet, Ph.D.
Director of Instructional Development, Center for Teaching and Learning
The University of Texas at Austin
(512) 232-1775  |  [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]  |  http://ctl.utexas.edu