In my graduate nursing course (53 females/7 males), I have not found depressed female participation to be an issue :)  One might assume depressed male participation would be observed, but I have not found this to be the case.  RLH

-----Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----
To: [log in to unmask]
From: "Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 04/26/2011 08:35AM
Subject: Question

Friends,

There is a TBL’er who was recently saying a few words to his department about TBL and was told that he was “was depressing female and minority participation by engaging in group learning.”

I don’t believe this charge has merit, and gave him a few reasons why, but he asks “Can you recommend a handful of representative articles (if there are such) on the dynamics of women and people of color in group learning environments (TBL or other)?”

Anyone got some at their fingertips?

-M