I don't have any articles, but anyone who does, please post to the whole group, or at least include me too!  I started crunching some numbers from my classes of TBL to see how team composition affected team success and initial findings indicated a positive effect of increasing number of women on a team.  Put that project on hold in the fall but hope to get back to it.

Molly Espey

From: Team-Based Learning [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sweet, Michael S [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question

Friends,

There is a TBL’er who was recently saying a few words to his department about TBL and was told that he was “was depressing female and minority participation by engaging in group learning.”

I don’t believe this charge has merit, and gave him a few reasons why, but he asks “Can you recommend a handful of representative articles (if there are such) on the dynamics of women and people of color in group learning environments (TBL or other)?”

Anyone got some at their fingertips?

-M