If I may borrow form the young folks, "OMG!"  I just saw this and thought
the same thing. In the past, I've done "pre lectures" for my Human Growth
and Development Course using Jing.  These are little 5 minute videos
featuring powerpoint and my voice over that kind of guides them what to pay
attention to in the readings.  In thinking of how to apply the Khan Academy
model I could also do the post lectures but I would need to devise a way to
make sure they viewed them.

--

Herb Coleman, Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Mr. Schuster
    from the TV show "Glee"