Hi Judy

I will try to answer question 1

There were 13 (or more) TBL nurse educators at the TBL conference last week

Loretta Whitehorne - Canadian Registered Nurses Professional Development
Centre
Charlene Strumpel ­ University of British Columbia ­ Okanogan Campus
Michele Clark ­ University of Nevada at Las Vegas
Judy Currey ­ Deakin University
Barbara Fagan ­ Registered Nurses Professional Development Center
Gail Feigenbaum ­ Central New Mexico Community College
Irene Fensom ­ University of British Columbia ­ Okanogan Campus
Kim Hall ­ Nebraska Methodist College
Elizabeth Oldland ­ Deakin University
Anne Schoening ­ Creighton University
Sue Selde ­ Creighton University
Mary King ­ UT Austin
Heidi Mennenga ­ South Dakota State University

#################

As for Canadians,

Loretta Whitehorne - Canadian Registered Nurses Professional Development
Centre
Charlene Strumpel ­ University of British Columbia ­ Okanogan Campus
Irene Fensom ­ University of British Columbia ­ Okanogan Campus

I am working with Loretta for the next couple of years as part of the TBLC
Train the Trainer.....she might be your most local resource

I donıt know Charlene and Irene....even though they are from my institution
(different campus).....they did present a poster at the TBL conference

#################

Locally at UBC-Vancouver, we had our first TBL course in Nursing about 5
years ago....a graduate course in research methods led by Pam Ratner.
Interest locally from our Nursing School has increased and we will have 2
TBL courses this fall...... the Introduction to elder care and another
course on research methods/evidence based practice. In fact yesterday was
our kick of meeting for planning the elder care course (course has 120
students).

Further afield, Judy Currey and Elizabeth Oldland at Deakin have been using
TBL for some time in their nursing program. Gail Feigenbaum at Central New
Mexico Community College has years of experience, and Michele Clark is very
helpful as well (she is Ruth Levine trained...so she is good)

I donıt know the other people that much....I suspect there are more stars
lurking out there :-)

Locally, we are having monthly working meetings to work/develop the Nursing
Courses (I used this process with a number of faculty at the University of
Wisconsin last summer).....if you want to have some informal consultative
help with the development...let me know....we can talk on the phone or
video-conference

Take Care

Jim