Hi All!

I am a new and young faculty member at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile (Santiago, Chile) and I am highly interested in incorporating TBL as an instructional strategy in my courses (I teach at the School of Education, teacher training program – early childhood education). I found the book “Team-Based Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching” (Michaelsen, Bauman Knight, and Fink, 2004) to be extremely helpful. The information in the TBL website (http://tblc.camp9.org/) is VERY useful, and your postings and email exchange are truly insightful. I've learned a lot! March 1st is the beginning of the academic year in this part of the world. I’m confident I’ll succeed at implementing TBL. I'm a true believer! but I’m also in a very solitary quest. TBL is pretty much unknown in Chile. Therefore, I have a couple of questions:

1)      1) Do you know of anyone who has implemented TBL in Chile or any Spanish speaking country, particularly in a School or Department of Education?

2)      2) Do any of you have implemented TBL in early childhood undergraduate courses (particularly courses related to “educational psychology”, “early childhood development”, and “family-school partnerships in early childhood programs”)? I have between 27 and 60 undergraduate, 3rd year students per class .

3)      3) Do you know where I can access good application exercises and/or case studies related to educational psychology and also related to working with families in the context of early childhood education?

Thanks a million for your guidance  ;-)

Best,

Doyna

Doyna Illmer, Ph.D.

Facultad de Educación

Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile

http://www.uc.cl/