Duane,

I'm convinced that no matter what you do, you'll never be able to get everyone to buy into TBL.  Unless you have other colleagues in the College of Business who practice TBL, you are attempting to single-handedly undo years of programming about what learning is and what their role is in the process. For some, you aren't doing your job unless you're talking most of the time. For others, you may be talking too much.  I certainly see that in my teaching evaluations. I even had one student comment that my teaching had a polarizing effect on people. The reality is that we don't teach a homogeneous group of students, particularly at large state schools such as yours. I find that the students who genuinely want to learn greatly appreciate the TBL approach.

However, one thing you may want to try is to reserve ten minutes at the end of class to have everyone identify at least one thing that they learned from a classmate, discuss what they have learned, and then ask if that learning could have been possible in a pure lecture format. You could then close with a discussion about your role as a facilitator, not a teacher, in the learning process.

Cheers, Tom