I wonder if I can get the benefit of your advice about appeals.  I don’t have them very often, but did today. The team’s reason for appealing had no merit (and was based on confusing wording, rather than factual error, so there is no evidence the students went back to the readings to follow up). My inclination in a case like this is not to award any points just for appealing, but I do know that others think a bit of credit is due for undertaking the appeal.  I would be most interested in knowing how others think.  Is there a benefit to awarding a few points?

Thank you!

Trudi

Trudi E. Jacobson
Head of User Education Programs

University Libraries
University at Albany, SUNY
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Phone 518/442-3581
Fax 518/442-3088
E-mail [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Editor of Public Services Quarterly