Room 163 Kehoe (Shelby)
Campus Mail: AT-27

"Remember, I'm pulling for you... we're all in this together. Keep your stick on the ice." -Red Green

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Bradetich, Judi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am giving them each essentially a participation grade for having been there on the day of the activity, then using peer evaluations to help balance the group grades, if that makes sense! - I think their peers will give a good accounting of their work.
Judi Bradetich

-----Original Message-----
From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sweet, Michael S
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: grading applications

Not everyone grades their application projects, but for those who do, rubrics are a VERY good way to go.  :-)

I recently discovered this awesome, super-practical book about how to cook up good rubrics:

Introduction to Rubrics, by Stevens and Levi
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Rubrics-Assessment-Effective-Feedback/dp/1579221157/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281369966&sr=8-1

Highly recommended!

-M