I like the strategy of giving them 5 minutes after half the teams are done.

We have the students go up to the board and write their GRAT score on the whiteboard. That is another strategy for determining when half the students are done.

Ruth

From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dean Parmelee
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 3:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: timing IRAT and TRATs

We use flag poles.  When a team has finished the GRAT or tRAT

then they put their flag in.  When half the team flags are up, then

there are only 5 min remaining.  This is something you can get

the class to vote on early in the course - they appreciate the buy-in

and setting some time limits.  We do have a time limit on the IRAT

to make sure everyone is there on time.  Prompt attendance is a

a must.  Dean

Dean Parmelee, M.D.

Associate Dean for Academic Affairs

Boonshoft School of Medicine