Hi, folks--
I have been a TBLer since about 1995 and have a follow-up question on the discussion about downtime within a team between their iRAT and tRAT. As the semester progresses, there is a natural progression within teams for those early finishers sitting near each other to use their downtime to start sharing their opinions on test items either verbally (quietly) and/or by exchanging their personal answer scratch sheets as they wait. I have generally allowed this as long as it is not too disruptive, but wonder if it may be building cliques and reducing overall exchange once the team is fully at it on the tRAT. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks.
stan

Stan Williamson, Ph.D.
Boulware Professor of Management
ULM Scott Endowed Professor for Teaching Excellence, 1999-2002

Department of Management
College of Business Administration
University of Louisiana Monroe
Monroe, Louisiana 71209