Well, Paul Koles et al will have published this year some
pretty powerful evidence on TBL effectiveness over lecture-
based in pathology education: what's learned in TBL sticks and
MCQ exam performance at end is significantly better.  Will be
published in very creditable journal in next 6-8 months.  Dean

Dean Parmelee, M.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Wright State University