We keep all in zip lock bags, dry.

Nothing like iPhone

On Mar 3, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Gary D Lynne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced "shelf-life" issues with the IF AT forms.  Had some 3-year old "gold flake" (in contrast to the "silver flake" ) forms left over... so, with extremely limited teaching budgets, tried to use them last night.  I had not "tested" them for whether they would scratch or not (who would have thought to do so??) ...   they would not scratch!  The gold flake was "welded" to the form.   So, had to go to "Plan B" in the midst of the Exam...  with several very disappointed students, who really do like the IF AT scratch-off process... gaining more points, as well as learning more, due to immediate feedback. (Not good for student evaluations.. that the forms did not "scratch").

Now I am wondering about the "silver flake" forms... how long do they last?  I teach small classes (typically 50-something), so the large quantities the IF AT supplier requires us to buy results in "stocks" of these things sitting in my office for awhile.

Any one else having trouble with the scratch-off forms?

Gary D. Lynne, Professor
Department of Agricultural Economics and
    School of Natural Resources
103B Filley
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922  USA
Website:
http://www.agecon.unl.edu/facultystaff/directory/lynne.html
Phone: 1-402-472-8281 Cell: 1-402-430-3100
This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, any review, distribution, dissemination or copying by you is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies in any form.

"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)
"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others. Empathy ... exemplifies the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)
"Whoever frames the debate tends to win the debate" (George Lakoff)