Christine:

We are also using the Interwrite Response "clicker" system in a TBL course. Unfortunately, we have found no way to give partial credit using the clickers. So, we use the clicker in Self Paced mode for the iRATs (individuals clicking in answers during class), and then use the IF AT form in the team, for the tRAT, albeit we ask the Teams to also insert their first choice into a Team Clicker (we assign a clicker to each Team). We do not grade their first choice, however.. using the IF AT score instead. The first choice data, however, helps in developing the "mini-lecture" in the trouble spots, as does the iRAT data the Response system provides.

The Response systems works well in finding the trouble spots, in both the iRAT and tRAT process... because it is immediate, giving us data during class, without having to use scanners, plastic-sheet overlayers and TAs scurrying to grade, etc....

But, yes, if anyone can find a way to do partial credit with the clicker system(s), I would also like to know how!

Gary D. Lynne, Professor
Department of Agricultural Economics and
School of Natural Resources
103B Filley
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922 USA
Website: http://www.agecon.unl.edu/facultystaff/directory/lynne.html
Phone: 1-402-472-8281 Cell: 1-402-430-3100
This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, any review, distribution, dissemination or copying by you is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies in any form.

"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)
"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others. Empathy ... exemplifies the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)
"Whoever frames the debate tends to win the debate" (George Lakoff)

Inactive hide details for Christine Kuramoto ---03/29/2010 11:56:45 PM---Hi Everyone,Christine Kuramoto ---03/29/2010 11:56:45 PM---Hi Everyone,

cc

Subject

clickers

Hi Everyone,

My boss has made the bold move of buying clickers. They are called
"interwrite response" and are being marketed by a company here called
Chieru.

Could anyone tell me how you score your RAT's when using the clickers?
I'm going to use the clickers for individual RATs and IF-ATs for the
team rats.   I've been giving them partial credit for partial knowledge
up until now, but I'm not sure about how to do that using the clickers.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed in past posts!  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Christine

--
*******
Christine Kuramoto, Assistant Professor: Medical English