Bob,
Understand your concerns on keeping team sizes even etc and echo Jim
and others comments about getting the team and or class' input.Though
it is not doctrinaire, I have been forced with my video conferencing
history courses to run teams of 3 people in size, based on low
enrollments at remote sites. It is not optimal, particularly as a
small flu or 1 absence can have a huge impact. But I have found that
as long as I recalibrate the complexities of the team tasks, it works
fine.Best of luck to you!

-Mike Welker
History Adjunct
North Central State College
Mansfield, Ohio
419.755.4706

"Remember, I'm pulling for you... we're all in this together. Keep
your stick on the ice." -Red Green