I have only just recently begun experimenting with TBL but in all my
classes I have moved individual quizzes/exams/RATs to Blackboard.  I
used to worry about cheating by doing this but in the past 4-5 years
of doing things things way I have seen literally no difference in the
overall scores between taking them in-class or electronically.  I
would like to attribute this to the first question on all my
electronic quizzes, etc., which asks students to verify that they
aren't cheating (pangs of conscience) but the more likely reason is
that my classes tend to have mostly majors and minors who don't want
to risk being caught.

By moving to Blackboard I am able to give the students a larger window
during which to take the quiz/exam/RAT (usually 24-36 hours) and I can
set the timer for each assignment to accommodate the time-and-a-half
some test-takers need.  I also have the completion time 30-60 minutes
before my class begins so that I can review individual responses
before tQuizzes/tRATs.

Tim

Timothy D. Connors
Professor of Theatre