Hello-
I am an adjunct psychology professor at a local university.  I have been teaching the same class for 6 years and just this semester decided to try TBL.  I thought it was going well until I asked for feedback from the class after their first RAT - it turned it to a 30 minute discussion where about 8 students became very hostile towards me (saying that the questions were too hard, they understood the readings but shouldn't be held accountable to synthesize the material before we even talked about it in class, they wanted to re-visit the distribution of grades and when I said 'no' they said that was unfair, etc.).  One student is still arguing with me about one question that their team appealed which I denied (this is 1 point among many for the semester).  While I love the idea of TBL, I am tempted to resort to the boring-yet-familiar lecture.  These students' whining is really wearing on me and instead of enjoying teaching (it is a part-time job I do, and certainly NOT for the money) I am counting the days until the semester is over.
Any advice, words of encouragement, etc. would be very much appreciated at this point!
Thanks.