Hi Karen,

The trick to TBL in High School classrooms is Individual Accountability.

To answer your first question, you want all of the group work to be
done in class.

The answer to your second question is a bit more complex.  You may
want to keep the
same basic application exercise, but with a different substance.  If
the key learning outcome is related
to the accurate identification (using an effective process) of the
substance, you could change the substance
for each course (but using the same substance in each class).

Let me know if you have additional questions.
-Derek
Derek R. Lane, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
H. Lester Reynolds Endowed Professor in Engineering
Department of Communication
249 Grehan Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0042
Tel:  (859) 257-2295
Fax: (859) 257-4103
Email: [log in to unmask]
Faculty website:  http://www.uky.edu/~drlane
PROUD TO BE A GREEN DOT SUPPORTER
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER REGARDING THIS TRANSMISSION:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are
confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).  The
information may also be confidential and legally privileged.  This
transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the
intended recipient(s).  If you have received this transmission in
error, any use, reproduction, or dissemination of this transmission is
strictly prohibited.  Neither the transmission of this email message
and any attachments nor any error in transmission or misdelivery shall
constitute waiver of any applicable legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply
email and delete this message and any attachments.