Well, maybe. This puts a great deal of faith in the textbooks. The things one asks them to read are not always on target, sometimes in error, and need interpretation, elaboration. Or, are we each to write our own books?

I believe TBL has a great deal to offer... I am just searching for a bit of balance... an integration, looking for the synergy between the "I" (sage on stage/lecturing) and "We" (students interacting with each others and with lecturer)...

Gary D. Lynne, Professor
Department of Agricultural Economics and
School of Natural Resources
103B Filley
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922
Website: http://www.agecon.unl.edu/facultystaff/directory/lynne.html
Phone: 1-402-472-8281 Cell: 1-402-430-3100

"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)
"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others. Empathy is neither altruistic nor self-interested. It rather exemplifies the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)