I give them the team RAT score but a zero for the iRAT. Then I recommend
that they talk to their team about how to make it up to them.

If it's a team, in my opinion, then the team score is for everyone, just as
graded team projects are teams scores regardless of absences. So far no
complaints.

-Melissa