From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kent Fisher
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:52 AM
Subject: Small classes

The astronomy class I'm planning to use TBL in has a maximum enrollment of 24 students (I can stretch it by a few). I'm wondering if anyone on the list uses TBL in classes this size (or smaller), and, if so, what adaptations have been tried. Are there special pitfalls to be avoided in a class like this? Later on, I may use TBL in my physics classes, which have enrollments from about 10-20 students. Is there a limit below which TBL should not even be attempted?

Regards,

Kent Fisher
Assistant Professor
Columbus State Community College
Biological & Physical Sciences Department
482 Nestor Hall
(614) 287-2515