Hi all,

Im always on the lookout for new, more effective application exercises for my sport and exercise psychology classes.  I came up with an idea, similar to one described in Michaelsens first TBL book, and would like to ask for some feedback or suggestions on how best to implement the idea as an application exercise As a first integrative assignment this semester, I had my teams use their knowledge of exercise psychology to create a poster depicting an ideal community.  They did a very nice job.  It occurred to me that the next step might be to have them use their knowledge base AND do the research necessary to choose the best from among several somewhat randomly chosen communities.  Id like to hear any feedback that you might be able to give on this particular assignment.  For example, I was wondering whether itd be best to pick three local areas (so that they might visit and observe the communities) or to pick three distant areas (and encourage internet-based research)?  Feedback about other implementation issues that occur to any of you will also be appreciated.  Thanks.  Karla Kubitz