Something else that's missing from the "health" TBL book is the "Setting Grade Weights" exercise, with which the class determines the weights of the various types of evaluation. Is this exercise available elsewhere, preferably online?

To reduce the math involved, my own inclination is to weight by providing different numbers of points for different things, rather than getting into percentages. For example, an IRAT question might be worth 1 point, GRAT 1, and end-of-topic 3. But that's what I would let the students decide, I guess.

Lane
---
Lane P. Lester, Ph.D.
Biology Instructor