Re: Peer Evaluations

Sandy,

I reward the best performing team, based upon average T-RAT scores. The team with the highest T-RAT average (we generally do about 8-10 per semester) gets a gift certificate to a local sandwich shop. This allows them to share the prize and promotes team performance versus individual performance. The students enjoy the competition element and also enjoy that it’s the team competing against other teams and not individuals (which can get cut-throat).

Sincerely,

Tom

Tom Cappaert, PhD, ATC, CSCS

Associate Professor, Athletic Training Education Program

Central Michigan University

1175 Health Professions Building

Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859

(O) 989-774-6595 (Fax) 989-774-2923

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

WWW: chp.cmich.edu/atep

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."
--
F. Scott Fitzgerald