Program URL should be http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/drupal/site/program.pdf

Sorry

jim

From: Sibley, Jim
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; CART List
Cc: Spiridonoff, Sophie; JIM SIBLEY
Subject: 2007 TBL Conference Program now available

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE

-------------------------------------

Hi

The draft program is now available for this years Team-Based Learning Conference!

Program is available at http://2007.teambased.org/program.pdf

Conference site at http://2007.teambased.org/

Several things about this year’s conference are particularly exciting:

We are continuing the tradition of excellence established by conferences on TBL in the health professions that go back half a decade.  It is gratifying (though not surprising) to see TBL’s popularity continue to grow.

We are expanding to include more disciplines and methods.  The health professions make a strong showing as usual this year, but we also welcome presenters who use TBL to teach writing, psychology, statistics, engineering, computer science, and more.

We are exploring new tools, methods and even contexts for TBL.  This year we’ll see several new computer-based tools, methods many have used to “tweak” TBL to best fit their discipline, perspectives some have taken on the ever-thorny issue of peer-evaluations, and even thoughts about how TBL might be used to recruit students in the first place.

Finally, we are honoring a core value of the TBL community. As a TBL practitioner, you are committed to helping your students learn more together than they ever could alone.  That same commitment is what has driven us to make this a conference worthy of the time and energy of such a special group of people.

Come join us in Vancouver, Canada on May 31 and June 1, 2007

Hope to see you there!

Jim

Jim Sibley
Manager
Centre for Instructional Support

Faculty of Applied Science
University of British Columbia
2208-6250 Applied Science Lane
Vancouver, BC Canada
V6T 1Z4

Phone 604.822.9241
Fax 604.822.7006

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:
www.learning.apsc.ubc.ca
Blog: Adventures in Instructional Support: http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/wordpress/
e-Portfolio: http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/wiki/index.php/Jim_Sibley_Portfolio

© Copyright 2007, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.