Hello everyone:

I am going to be doing my first graded team assignment on Friday and allowed
the students to develop their own criteria for being graded while in class
yesterday, which they thoroughly enjoyed.  While the practice activities
have been fun and the students have produced terrific results, I am
wondering if there are any tips you could provide to make this experience as
smooth as possible.  For example, my plans were to casually observe as they
work as a portion of the grading process, but I am completely open to more
effective methods that are available.  Also, I am wondering logistically if
I need to provide a "grade sheet" with their performance on the criteria
individually since it is a team grade in their syllabus?

Thank you in advance.

--Hanna

Hanna E. Norton, Ph.D.

Department of Speech, Theatre & Journalism

Arkansas Tech University

Russellville, Arkansas 72801

(479) 498-6025