Hi Don,

Just a word about "readiness assurance."

It is my understanding that the Readiness Assurance Process (RAP)
refers to the "process" that students engage in at the beginning of
every individual unit of instruction.  For example, at the beginning
of each unit of instruction, students are assigned all the readings
for the content material (which they complete outside of
class).  Then, when they come to class they participate in the
Readiness Assurance Process.  The RAP is to insure that the students
are ready to "apply or use" the content they have learned.

The Readiness Assurance Process includes the following:

         1)  The individual readiness assessment test,
         2)  The group readiness assessment test,
         3)  The appeals process, and
         4)  Corrective instruction - an opportunity for the teacher
to offer additional information to reinforce student understanding of
key concepts.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion between "readiness
assessment" and "readiness assurance."

Have a great day!

Arletta Bauman Knight