I am a high school physics-Chemistry teacher at a mathematics and science academy in Forest Park, Illinois.  I am converting my classes to the TBL model and have come across a concern about the Epstein Education IF-AT answer sheets.

Specifically, how would the group RAT work if the form also has been used for the individual RAT?  I love the idea of the immediate feedback and the fact that the student gets several opportunities for reassess his logic.  However, if the students keep track of their individual answers and us them as a reminder for the group RAT, then each group will (would) always get perfect scores simply by comparing and selecting the correct answer.  So, I guess that the question is how to get a discussion going as to why the incorrect choices were made in the first place.  This is not a problem with the scantron forms but then the immediate feedback is also delayed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Carl E. Martikean
PMSA Science