Dear Beth,

Some teams of 4 do just fine and others really struggle because they
either don't have the intellectual resourses to compete or because they
THINK they don't--and it probably doesn't matter which is really the
case.  I think the best way to approach the problem is to give the team
a choice of disolving their team or to keep truckin' on.  Either way
they choose to go usually works out fine.  (Most teams will choose to
continue and, having been given the choice, seems to strengthen their
resolve to do their very best--and that is almost always enough to allow
them to do well.)

Larry

>>>Wilson, Beth <[log in to unmask]> 01/28/06 5:45 pm >>>
I am using TBL for the first time,which is basically going very well so
far.  However I am now faced with having less than the desired amount of
students on one of the teams.

I planned on having seven teams of six, but the class ended up smaller
than planned.  All of the teams have five or six members except for one
of the teams, which has now dropped to four students (it has become
apparent that two of the team members are going to drop the course).

Should I just go forward with one team of four, or pull a person from
one of the groups of six?  I hate to disrupt the teams because they've
already begun bonding.

Sent via the TECH WebMail system at atu.edu

!DSPAM:1576,43dc057428621453815665!