Alicia,

Here is a reply to your email from Alison Mann at New Mexico State who uses extensively in her nursing classes.

Ken Martin

Hello, Alicia!  I teach nursing at New Mexico State University and have used team based learning in all my classes for the last 4 years. (I also just received the Christmore Award for Excellence in Teaching which is nominated by students and faculty and voted on by students) so I feel comfortable saying that the method works and is generally loved by students. There are two other nursing faculty here who, having seen the success in my course, have adopted it for their courses as well. In fact, I am writing an article on how to use TBL in nursing courses.

Unfortunately you have caught me in final exam week, and I don't have time to respond to you as thoroughly as I'd like. So  please feel free to call me (505 646-1919)after the first of the year (we start our holiday break next week)  or email me directly([log in to unmask]) and I'll pick it up from home in a couple of weeks  and will respond to you there.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Alison Mann

Alison Smalley Mann, RN,MSN,EdD

Department of Nursing