From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Don McCormick
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Michael Sweet
Cc: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Don McCormick ; [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: TBL motivational model: Feedback?

The model looks interesting. It is a bit hard to interpret, though. It would help me if you labeled each of the arrows--like in a concept map. I don't know if the arrows in your diagram mean "leads to," "causes," "influences," or if different arrows mean different things.

By the way, "introjection" has a very specific, already established meaning in clinical psychology. If I remember correctly, it is not considered a healthy psychological process. I'd suggest a different word (one less loaded with meanings other than the one you want to convey), or just saying "the process by which other's opinions of you become a motivational force."

- Don
-------
Don McCormick, Ph.D, Associate Professor
University of Redlands School of Business
1200 E. Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373-0999
http://newton.uor.edu/FacultyFolder/DMcCormick

"The end of all education should surely be service to others." -
Cesar E. Chavez