John and others,

Larry's comments are good ones.

Here is a RAT that I use with workshops on my book about course design.  It
too tries to focus on students' understanding of key concepts and
associated terminology.

Dee

At 09:45 AM 1/31/2005, Ludlum, John wrote:
>I am a member of a book group which is reading and discussing Team-Based
>Learning.  We're excited about the process and I have been fortunate
>enough to attend workshops led by Drs. Fink and Michaelson.  But. two
>questions seem to pop up a lot: "What are the guidelines for constructing
>good RATs?" and "What do they look like?"
>
>I'm wondering if any of you would be willing to forward samples to me that
>I could share with the (faculty) members of my group.  Obviously, we would
>keep these confidential.
>
>The members of our group each courses in education, business (accounting
>and finance), biochemistry, music history, and communication.
>
>John Ludlum
>Department of Communication
>Otterbein College
>614-823-3381
>e-mail: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

L. Dee Fink, Director                   Phone: 405-325-2323
Instructional Development Program       Email: [log in to unmask]
Hester Hall, Room 203           FAX:   405-325-7402
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK 73019                       IDP Website: www.ou.edu/idp

President of the POD Network [Professional and Organizational Development]
in Higher Education
Author of: Creating Significant Learning Experiences (Jossey-Bass, 2003)
Dee Fink's Website: www.ou.edu/idp/dfink.htm