Message

Hello all.

I stumbled across Team-Based Learning late this summer, and I've decided to integrate a condensed version into an American Lit. survey as something of a test run. While most class periods will remain the standard in-class discussion largely typical of English courses, one class period in each unit is dedicated to team-based learning. More specifically, the course is being taught as one of our designated critical thinking courses. Thus, the team-based sessions will tend to emphasize the CT content.

Apart from using TBL more as a teaching technique than a full-blown teaching strategy, I'm staying as close as possible to the suggestions outlined in _Team-Based Learning_. As a newbie, however, I'm hoping some of you may be able to address the following questions:

Thanks for any help you can offer.  I'm excited to see how all of this unfolds.

Sincerely,

Greg

Greg Dyer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English