When we return the folders with the scores I include a list of the scores
of all members of the group, but they are in a list in random order so
there is no way to trace those numbers to a name.  Obviously in a 5-7
member group, some people will likely be able to figure out some of their
team-mates scores, but it is never available.  An example of what I turn back:

Maximum score for RAT 1:  12 points
Individual RAT scores for RAT 1:  12, 10, 6, 10, 11, 8, 7
Ind. RAT average for the group for RAT 1:  9.1
Ind. RAT average for the class for RAT 1:  10.4
Group RAT score for RAT 1:  11
Group RAT average for the class for RAT 1:  11.5

With this information the groups can compare themselves with the rest of
the class and know pretty much where they stand.
At 02:26 PM 9/9/2004, Michael Bieber wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>The Michaelsen, Knight & Fink book recommends that individual RAT
>scores be included in the team folder, so that team members know how
>their fellow members are doing in the course.
>
>Does this mean that the identities of the members are known, or are
>the individual scores only shown by ID, so the identity of members
>actually remains anonymous within the group?
>
>Are there sufficient advantages to not keeping individual scores
>private (among the team) to warrant this partial lack of privacy?
>
>Should one give class members the option of remaining anonymous, even
>within their teams?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Michael
>--
>  Michael Bieber, Associate Professor
>  - Collaborative Hypermedia Research Lab (Co-Director)
>  - IS Ph.D. Program (Director)
>  - Digital Library Service Integration Project (PI)
>
>  Email: [log in to unmask]   URL: http://web.njit.edu/~bieber
>  AOL/MSN/Yahoo Instant Messenger: profbieber
>  Phone: (973) 596-2681   FAX: (973) 596-5777 [email preferred]
>
>  Information Systems Department (http://is.njit.edu/)
>  College of Computing Sciences,  New Jersey Institute of Technology
>  5500 Information Technology Center
>  University Heights,  Newark, New Jersey 07102-1982  USA

Stephen P. Weldon, Ph.D.
History of Science Society Bibliographer
Assistant Professor
Department of History of Science
601 Elm St., Room 622
The University of Oklahoma