Members of the TBL Listserv:

Kathy McKnight recently joined the TBL listserv and has a question about
using it in a Spanish literature class (see her email below).

Does anyone out there have experiences (or knowledge of anyone else) using
TBL with a subject matter like this?

Dee Fink

>Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:37:41 -0600
>From: Kathryn McKnight <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Team-based learning classes in literature?
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Dear Dee Fink,
>
>I read and was inspired by your (and Michaelsen & Knight's) book this
>summer and am thinking about how to implement team-based learning in an
>Introduction to Hispanic Literature class (in Spanish). I haven't been
>able to find in your book, on your website or by Googling any traces of
>other teachers' work with this type of course (any kind of literature
>class). Do you have leads?
>
>Thanks,
>Kathy McKnight
>U. of New Mexico

L. Dee Fink, Director                   Phone: 405-325-2323
Instructional Development Program       Email:  [log in to unmask]
Hester Hall, Room 203           FAX:    405-325-7402
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019                       IDP Website: www.ou.edu/idp

President of the POD Network [Professional and Organizational Development]
in Higher Education
Author of:  Creating Significant Learning Experiences (Jossey-Bass, 2003)
Dee Fink's Website:  www.ou.edu/idp/dfink.htm