Re: IRAT & Absences?

Elizabeth Oldland <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:01:01 +0000

text/plain

Hello
We require a medical certificate, or significant advance planning for an absence (for a legitimate reason), and on the judgement of the course leader. These students take an alternative test (20 minute MCQ) after the scheduled TBL session). Our experience is that absences are rare (hopefully because they find it so valuable but maybe because it is more effort to get a medical certificate and come into uni on a day off to do the make up test). As post graduate working health professionals, they are used to being accountable and, as Dean notes, this practice replicates the real world of work.
regards
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Oldland
Lecturer
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health
Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: 03 9244 6608 International: +61 3 9244 6608
Fax: 03 9244 6118 International: +61 3 9244 6118
email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.deakin.edu.au/nursing
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B (Vic)

-----Original Message-----
From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Latham
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2014 7:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IRAT & Absences?

Hello,

I am implementing TBL into my Economics Courses for the first time next Spring. I have not decided how to deal with absences regarding the IRAT. I would appreciate any advice anyone may have. Thanks,

Michael

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.