From:
"Meeuwsen, Harry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Meeuwsen, Harry
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:58:46 -0700
I agree with Larry.

I would add that if you made it clear in your syllabus that you were
going to use TBL as a teaching strategy and went over that with the
students so they understood the implications and course requirements
related to this strategy, she was informed. You also made a concerted
effort to help her and you should document that.

I also have never experienced anything like this in 9 yrs of using TBL
so I suspect this individual has greater personal problems than just
objecting to her team members and TBL. I very much doubt she'll be back,
but she may complain to higher ups, therefore document what you did,
when you did it, and who else was involved.

You may also think about reporting her actions to the dean of students
office, so it is on record that her behavior was quite out of the
ordinary. At our university we now have Behavior Assessment Team whose
task it is to look at these type of behaviors. Check with them if this
case is something they want to know about.

Harry