From:
Dorian Canelas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dorian Canelas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:39:49 -0400
I'm teaching a class on Chemistry, Technology, and Society and one of
the eight units is chemicals as medicine.

I will give students a short reading on the constant evolution of
antibiotic resistant bacteria with a focus on the pipeline (or lack
thereof) of new antibiotics in development by the pharmaceutical industry.

Do any generous fellow list-serv members have application exercises (or
links to find these) on the problems associated with the antibiotic
resistance that they'd be willing to share?  Something from a medical
school curriculum could work well if it's targeted to first year
students.  Students have basic knowledge of organic chemistry.  Thank
you for your help!

Best wishes,
Dorian

Dorian Canelas